11 June 2012

Rainy day craft - Egg carton caterpillars

Today has been one long rainy day. It would have been much nicer if it was sunny considering it was a long weekend, but the weather had a mind of its own. So today was spent at home relaxing in front of the log fire, making some craft with "Popette" and watching a movie while eating Hubby's homemade pizza.


Usually on a Monday "Popette" is at daycare, and is doing something fun like painting or drawing. "Popette" love love loves craft, so I thought I'd create a bit of fun for her, and make caterpillars out of an old egg carton.

The caterpillars were very simple to make.

All you need is:

Pipe cleaners
1 Egg carton
Googly eyes
Gloopy glue (I think someone has been watching too much Mr Maker!)Paint
Coloured paper
Pom Pom

After cutting the egg carton in half, "Popette" and I painted our caterpillars.

Once they were dry we decorated them with googly eyes, a pom pom for its nose, a pipe cleaner for the antenna and a mouth cut out of coloured paper. And there you have it a caterpillar!

I hope you've had fun over the long weekend whether it was outdoors or inside like us.

What type of craft activities do you like doing with the kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)