18 January 2011

Being grateful

Last month I received Oprah's Spirit e-newsletter in my Inbox, amongst some of the articles was a blurb about "A World of Gratitude" and asked the question "What are you grateful for?"

Whenever I was at the computer I tried jotting down 3 or 4 lines about what I was grateful for at that time, and saved it into a Notepad file which I stored away within my documents on my computer.

As I watch the horrific scenes and devastation caused by the Queensland floods, and now the floods in Victoria and upper NSW, I seem to think more and more about what it is I am grateful for.

It's strange how something like a natural disaster such as the Queensland floods makes you reflect on what it is that your are grateful for, when at any other time, on any ordinary other day you wouldn't give it two thoughts.

In no particular how here are some of the things I am grateful for:

I am grateful for being healthy, and for my husband and little girl who are both healthy.
I am grateful that I live in a country that has running water, electricity, sanitisation, fresh food etc.
I am grateful that I am alive and can experience beautiful things.

I am grateful for my loving, wonderful husband and beautiful little girl.
I am grateful to have a roof over my head, food in my belly and clothes on my back.
I am grateful for my relationship with my parents.
I am grateful for my hubby working hard so I can be home to raise our daughter.

I am grateful for not having family or friends who have lost their lives or houses in the floods.
I am grateful for being born in a free country.


What is it that you are grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)