21 April 2011

Little Easter bag project

Today I am putting together a little Easter project for Popette and her two cousins who are coming over Easter Saturday for a BBQ. I am organising a little Easter Egg hunt, which will be Popette's first...we haven't celebrated Easter the last two years as we thought she was too young...she didn't even try chocolate until she turned 2...I know I'm a terrible Mummy! Well I've got to enjoy it before I don't have any left for myself!

To collect the Easter eggs, I thought I'd get them to make a personalised Easter egg bag using a plain brown sandwich bag...saves you buying the specialty bags that shops are selling.

I have created a blank bunny face which the kids can decorate to their liking...I'm giving them some pom-poms to use for the nose, pipe cleaners for the whiskers, boggle eyes, coloured pencils etc.

Here is a quick example of a bag I created, it's very plain,
but you can decorate it as much or as little as you like :-)

If you would like to create a "bunny" bag, here is a list of what you need:

All you need is:

  • Brown sandwich bag
  • A sheet of white A4 paper
  • A lead pencil
  • Black marker
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Pom-poms
  • Pipe cleaners
  • Stick-on boggle eyes
  • Coloured pencils

Plus anything else your kids would like to use to decorate their bags: i.e. cotton wool balls, glitter, stickers, coloured paper, crayons, textas etc.

2 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant idea Julie. Good on you. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Just letting you know that I am awarding you the 'versatile blogging award'. To accept this award you have to do a couple of things. (Or don’t, I don’t really care, lol)
    *Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
    *Tell us 7 things about yourself
    *Pass this award onto 15 newly discovered bloggers. (I just found 15 I really like)
    Here’s my post if you want to see it
    http://themotherexperiment.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)