01 April 2011

Popette's Big Day Out!

Today we went and saw "The Wiggles" 20th Anniversary show live in concert. It was both mine and "Popette's" first ever time seeing them perform in concert....and what a concert it was!! We had a great time singing, clapping and dancing away. I think I was more excited about it then she was. ;-)

Ringo and Sam

I was so excited for her, as she's been loving them a lot lately. Whenever we're in the car it'll be "Wiggles On", so hubby and I have to turn her Wiggles CD on. Then the other day I was in Target, and she piped up from her stroller "Wiggles On"....I guess she didn't like the music that was playing!  She knows all the guys names, Sam is her favourite, and of course Dorothy, Wags, Henry and Captain Feathersword (who she calls Captain Sword).

Anthony, Wags & Henry


Popette watching the show


I didn't think we'd get to see them this time round. When I originally called I got told that both concerts had sold out. Luckily I didn't give up hope and after calling back a couple times, I finally scored two tickets that someone cancelled at the last minute.  The seats were awesome, they were 6 rows from the front, and up so close to them. It was great for Popette as she could make each one out. She got very excited when she saw her favourite, Sam, walk past us to collect roses for Dorothy...unfortunately he couldn't hear her little cries of "Sam" beyond all the other noise.  When Dorothy the Dinosaur, her second favourite, came out on stage she was even more excited, crying "Dorothy"....she loves the Ballerina's and watching them and Dorothy dance around on stage.

Dorothy


They sang a lot of her favourite songs, e.g. Hot Pop Popcorn, Getting Strong, Follow the Leader, Rock-a-bye Bear, Do the Monkey, Shimmy shake, Twinkle Twinkle, Hot Potato and Fruit Salad to name a few. It was gorgeous seeing her sing-a-long to some of the words and watching her try to imitate them dancing and moving her arms to the beat of the music.

Rock-a-bye your bear


All in all it was a great day out for the little miss. I thought she would have tuckered herself out after watching The Wiggles and having lunch out with Mummy, but noooo.... she was way too excited when she got home, and instead of going to sleep, played, sung and chatted excitedly in her cot. I think she was telling her "Upsy Daisy" and "Iggle Piggle" dolls all about the great day out she had with Mummy.


Fruit salad


Quackers!



Bye Wiggles, see you next time!

I'm hoping she sleeps well tonight. :-)

1 comment:

  1. So cute. how gorgeous are her curls! My girl loves the wiggles too. I've never seen them in concert though, that must have been fun.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)