30 September 2011

She's here...the arrival of "Cherub"

Hi everyone,

I know it's been a while since I wrote, but that's because I have some exciting news!!

Last Friday my little girl, who shall be known as "Cherub", was born at 7.48am by caesearean, weighing a healthy 3.16kg and 51cm long. If I do say so myself, she's absolutely gorgeous!! She has lots of dark hair, and dark blue eyes, and looks a lot like her big sister "Popette"...except for her hands and feet which look the same as Mummy's...fat and chubby!

Isn't she lovely!












"Cherub's" birth was a very emotional time for my hubby and I. As soon as she was born I burst into tears (all happy of course), then when she was cleaned up and placed beside me on the operating bed, my eyes welled up in tears for the second time. It was such a lovely moment for my hubby and I, as we didn't experience this when "Popette" was born.
Meeting an emotional Mummy!

We are so lucky that everything went well with the operation. The only "hiccup" was that the pain relief they gave me wore off too quickly after the operation, so I was kept in "recovery" for a couple hours while they tried to find me some pain relief that worked. Other than that, there was no major problems with my blood pressure or with me developing pre-eclampsia, which we were very happy about. 

I was very fortunate to have a good team of doctors looking after me and my daughter. While in hospital "Cherub" had a little jaundice, but it wasn't serious enough to have her treated, and I had some issues with my blood pressure as my Dr took me off my medication, but that was soon sorted out.

We left hospital on Wednesday, and are glad to be back home. I missed my hubby and "Popette", and I think Daddy had a tiring time looking after "Popette" and driving to the hospital each day, so is happy to have all his girls finally at home.

I might not get a chance to write too much over the next few weeks, as hubby and I will be trying to settle "Cherub" into a routine, and also be dealing with "Popette" who is still getting used to having a little sister.

3 comments:

  1. congratulations!!! she looks lovely. I hope you are all settling in well and that it doesn't take Popette too long to get used to sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, I've tried to send some extra traffic your way. I 'tagged' you in a 10 random things post but you don't have to play if you don't want to, I know you're busy. Just thought I'd let you know. http://www.themotherexperiment.com/2011/09/10-things-you-didnt-need-to-know-about.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, she looks divine, her name suits :) :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)