24 November 2011

On the twelfth day of Christmas...

Can you believe there's only 4 weeks to go until its Christmas. Isn't that crazy! I can't believe it's just around the corner. I'm not feeling at all festive as yet. Usually around this time I'm getting excited about buying our tree. Ever since Hubby & I moved in together, many years ago, we've bought a real Christmas tree from a Christmas tree farm, and decorated it together watching Christmas movies. I just love the smell of the fresh pine needles. ;-)

Today Hubby & I got some Christmas shopping done with "Cherub" in tow, while her big sis "Popette" was in daycare. I am cherishing Thursdays now. I still miss "Popette" at times, but it is nice to have the day to myself (kind of) and have some peace & quiet, and relax for a while before "Popette" is back home again.

To try and get into the festive mood, I thought it might be fun to say what you would like your "true love" to give to you on the 12 days of Christmas, I'll begin...


On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a framed photo of my beautiful family.

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me...keys to a fully furnished apartment in gay ole' Paris (must say “Paris” with French accent so rhymes with song!).

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a box of shiny new decorations for our Christmas tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...seven nights in gorgeous Italy.

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a new shiny ring.

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a relaxing couples massage with my hubby.

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a romantic candlelit dinner for two by the sea.

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a day trip to the Zoo with my family.

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a quiet weekend away for just me and my hubby.

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a cleaner for a month to help poor old me! ;-)

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a beautiful catered lunch for all of my relatives and family.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a happy & content family.

Hmmm...while these are all nice things (and most are just wishes). I would be happy to receive the bottom one, a happy & content family, where we have a day with no screaming toddler tantrums, and just have lots of fun.

What would you like your 'true love' to give you this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)