18 November 2011

There will be days like this...

Today has been one of those days! "Popette" has been eating us out of house & home. With what seems like 5 minute intervals of "Mummy I'm hungry", I feed her with what I think is a lot of food, then I get another "Mummy I'm hungry" two minutes later.

Our lounge room looks like a warzone...ok I'm telling a little white lie here, my whole house looks like a warzone at the moment. Besides "Popette's" room, the lounge room has toys thrown, dropped, kicked and tossed across it. My lovely hubby doesn't think it looks any worse than yesterday (not sure if that was a compliment?), but I tell him that "Popette" has been tripping over her toys, so it must be bad.

I feel like I'm forever picking up toys or cleaning up the mess. Lately I just don't seem to have the energy or time to clean up the whole house. I try and keep this house tidy, but half the time it doesn't look as if I’ve done anything!

"Popette" is not only going through the "terrible-twos-I'm-nearly-three" stage, but a "No" or a "I can't" stage as well. Lately we've been getting told "I can't need it". Which might be a reply to "Why don't you finish your lunch?", or when I tell her its time to have a lay down and rest, "No, I can't lay down"...of course I say "Oh yes, you can". At least she is sleeping in her 'big girls bed' :)

She is also being toilet trained properly (meaning: wearing undies during the day). My wonderful hubby thought it would be a great idea to get her wearing underpants while he was off work (he has since gone back to work!). Of course, I didn't think it was the greatest time to be toilet training her after bringing her baby sister home from hospital!

We started toilet training her back in April, but she had regressed. For the past few months or so we had her in nappy pants and pull-ups, but she never got to the point of telling us that she had to go to the toilet, so hubby insisted we try her in undies. It would be easier if I didn't have a newborn to look after. She's doing okay, but doesn't always tell us when she needs to go to the toilet so has an accident.


The past few mornings "Cherub" has been drifting in and out of sleep after a feed. She keeps loosing her dummy and cries out, so I've been running in and out of our room to her. If it's not her crying and waking up "Popette", it's "Popette" screaming or yelling out and waking up "Cherub". Thankfully "Cherub's" having longer feeds at night now, so we’re getting a little bit more sleep. I can’t believe how tiring it is with two though. Some days I feel so knackered by the end of the day. I’m grateful that I don’t have to go to work the next day, I don’t know how people cope. I’d be falling asleep at the desk!

I guess what has been lovely is the fun I've been having with "Popette". We played musical instruments this morning, and sang some songs that we either learned from music class or "Play School" which was fun. She also has been enjoying 'craft time' with Mummy (which she calls 'crafting') and enjoys making 'something special'. Most of the time it is usually Mummy making the craft and "Popette" playing with it. Yesterday I made her a fishing rod out of pipe cleaners, and some fish out of cardboard...it kept her entertained for a little while.

I'm also getting beautiful smiles and coos from my baby girl, which is just gorgeous. I can't believe "Cherub" is 8 weeks old today, and we'll be celebrating her 1st Christmas soon. The whole pregnancy and "Cherub" now growing up, is going by way too quickly for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)