03 August 2012

Week 31: Grateful for Love

It's hard to believe that my Hubby and I have been together for 21 years, and that I've been with him longer than I have been alone.



I remember when we were first dating how we used to stay up all night talking and laughing. We felt so comfortable with each other and could talk about anything. Even now, we'll talk about anything to each other (that's when we can get a word in edgeways with our chatty 3yr old!), even if it's bad thoughts or things that erk us, we'll talk it out and try and resolve it. Of course there are things that don't get resolved and pop up in a heated argument.

Sometimes on the weekend, we'll have a quiet dinner after the girls have gone to bed. Hubby will cook up something special for just the two of us, and we sit at the dining table with some candles lit and a good bottle of wine talking about old times, places we have visited or things we used to do before the kids. Of course the kids often pop up in the conversation as well.

Our life is a lot different now, and there are days when we hardly get to sit down and talk to each other or spend time alone together. The last time we went out by ourselves was for a friend's 40th in December.

There are days when I miss just us.

I am very lucky to have someone as special as my husband, with whom I can share my life with. He is the love of my life and makes me happy. He is a wonderful partner and father, and caring son-in-law.

In the 21 years we have been together, we have travelled to some amazing countries together, got married, bought a house together, and had our two beautiful girls.

We've had a few ups & downs. The biggest hurdle for us, was the birth of "Popette" at 29 weeks + 3 days. It was such a traumatic time for us both, and something that hubby still hasn't fully recovered from. Thankfully, our girls are healthy...apart from the terrible colds they both currently have (and shared with us), the joys of parenthood.

So this week I am grateful for love.

I am grateful to have found it.

I am grateful to experience it, and grateful to feel it.

I am linking up with Maxabella Loves for 52 Weeks of Grateful over at Kidspot's Village Voices.

What are you grateful for today?

8 comments:

  1. This post is incredibly beautiful! I'm so grateful for love too. Yours sounds like the best kind of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Elisa :) Yeah I am very lucky, but it sounds like you are too :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely, warm ,heartfelt post
    Made me fell all gooey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that was lovely, Julie! 21 years of joy sounds like absolute bliss. You've ridden storms together and been grateful for calm waters too. You are both very lucky to have each other. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful post - a love letter to your hubby! I was just thinking today (odd random mind wandering) that in 4 years I will have spent half my life with my husband!

    I hope you have more opportunities in the rest of the year to have time alone with your hubby xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)