15 August 2012

When life gives you lemons...

And here I was going to write a sweet little post about my little "Cherub" saying that she's just started commando crawling (finally), when I get a phone call from my Mum saying that Dad has to go into hospital next Wednesday for another operation. :(

Life sucks at times. I know there are worse people off, but lately we seem to be going through a lot of crap!



We've had the worst year with sickness, the girls have been so sick over the past 5 months, in particular "Popette". You name it, she's had it....the flu, colds galore, viral infections, bronchitis, gastroenteritis...it seems she always has a runny nose (I guess that happens when they are in daycare two days a week). She's also started coughing at night again. I know littlies get at least 10-13 colds a year, but it would be nice to have a bit of a break!

Poor "Cherub" has caught the majority of them off her big sister, including gastro. She's recently gotten over a week of vomiting, high temperatures, being off her food, along with a bad cold and cough (which she still hasn't gotten over), which was caused from the measles vaccine she needed to get after being in contact with someone with a case of severe measles.

It's just been one thing after another...I am so tired of it.

My Dad's cancer has also returned causing him (and Mum) a lot of pain and stress. It's horrible to see them so worried about it, especially Mum. She called me today to let me know that Dad needs to go in for operation next Wednesday as the pain has become unbearable. She's asked if I could be her moral support on the day, so now I need hubby to stay home on that day to look after the girls.

This year both my brothers have decided to move. My oldest brother moved to Queensland a couple months ago, and now my other brother is planning on moving his family to the NSW central coast fairly soon. While it's great news for them, I just don't feel all that excited for them. I feel as though they get to have a 'seachange' and start their lives over again, while my hubby & I are stuck living where we are. Not that that's a huge problem as we love it here, but if my hubby was offered a role elsewhere (he's already knocked back some really good offers) we probably wouldn't move because of my Dad's cancer and staying close to my parents.

I've been telling hubby that I want to go on a holiday, it's been nearly 2 years since we've had one. I think we are both rundown and in need of some time away from the house.
Do you ever feel that you've had enough?

5 comments:

  1. I can't say i've felt like i've had enough, & we're the ones who move away from family, so that has never been the issue, but i get what you mean, with a husband at war, my mother's Alzheimer's & 4 children (thankfully healthy) to raise, over & over again, i truly feel there is no one to talk to about the big issues - my darling Dad is busy with my Mum & my husband can feel wracked with guilt as he's overseas, yet he's providing for us. So it can go in circles & there is a lot of pressure on me to keep it all together, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a much stronger woman than me Posie! I can't imagine what it must be like not to have hubby at home with me. He's been my rock :)

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of relentlessness, Julie. Life just wears you down sometimes, you feel like you just can't catch a break! I hope you DO catch a break because I think you really, really need one.

    Best wishes to your dad. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julie! Stress is so hard, especially when there's nothing you can do to change the issue. A holiday sounds like a great idea. We need one here too, but that's not going to happen so planning on doing some local day trips with just the four of us and living in holiday-mode even if it's just for a few hours. I think sometimes that helps, just to boost us all back up a bit. Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)