02 September 2012

My blog is 2 years old today

Today it was my blogoversary! I can't believe it's been a whole 2 years since I started blogging and created Off to the Park.

When I first started my blog I didn't have a goal in mind for Off to the Park, or devote it to just one topic. Maybe one day I will. But at the moment it is a hobby. I started Off to the Park, to write about my thoughts and ideas of parenthood as well as document the goings on of my little "Popette".

Since I began two years ago, the blog has grown with the type of content I publish as well as followers (thank you very much :))

As someone who was used to working in a full-time role for nearly 20 years, its been a good outlet for me in writing stuff down (instead of filling up my head). It also helps me utilise my writing skills so they don't get rusty while I'm out of work and allows me to connect with readers (kinda like me being at work and having a chat with my 'desk buddy' or a colleague while making a coffee).

Unless I can get a paid bloggers job, blogging will remain a hobby for me (much to my hubby's annoyance - I'm sure he thinks its a waste of my time). My main role is Mummy to my two girls who I adore, even when they drive me crazy!

If you are first-time visitor to my blog or a follower that visits regularly, thank you for taking the time to visit me at Off to the Park, and I hope you will come back and visit me soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)