What hasn't helped is that we've had a horrible year with both my girls being really sick (you name it, they've had it), plus my Dad is battling cancer and been in & out of hospital 3 times in as little as a month which has been hard on Mum.
Then an old friend of mine recently died of terminal cancer, which came as a complete shock to me. I hadn't been in touch with her for a very long time, so I took the news hard.
I know there are people who are worse off, but it just seems that things keep knocking me down, and making life difficult, which then makes me feel tired, stressed and not feeling at all positive.
As I wrote in yesterday's post ("30 things I love about myself") I haven't been happy with my attitude for some time and need to make some changes.
So my first step is to be grateful for the positive things that have occured in my life recently:
I am grateful for:
- The 1st birthday party we had for "Cherub", which turned out lovely.
- "Cherub" who is finally crawling (I know it's strange to be grateful for this, as it means she'll be in to more stuff!) but she's been a bit slow with some milestones, so it's great watching her crawl around the place.
- The gorgeous spring weather we've been having. It's been so nice sitting out on our back deck eating lunch with the girls and watching "Popette" jump on her trampoline and blow bubbles.
- My Dad who is finally at home, although he's not 100%, he's got enough strength to walk around on his own.
- An upcoming holiday that's been booked for later in the month, I can't wait, I'm counting down the days until Hubby is off work!
What are you grateful for today?
I am linking up with Maxabella Loves at Kidspot Village Voices.