23 May 2014

Being grateful: For old and new friendships

This week I received a strange request. It was from a sister of an old friend of mine, who sadly passed away from cancer 2 years ago. We were the best of friends growing up, and always had fun together. But sadly we lost contact and our lives went in different directions. 

I still regret not having kept in touch.  

The sister asked if I'd mind chatting to the daughter of my friend. She wanted to talk to someone who knew her Mum and find out what she was like as a teenager. 

I had met the daughter once before, but she was only 7 or 8 years old, so it was nice to speak to her as an adult and tell her what her mother meant to me.



My friend and I going on a punk night at the local pub (1991)

While it was sad thinking of my friend, I was grateful to connect with her daughter and share stories and photos with her.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)