22 July 2014

Kids craft: Paper plate dinosaurs

I'm pretty sure I told you that our little Cherub loves dinosaurs. She loves anything to do with them. So it was a no-brainer for me to make another craft featuring her favourite prehistoric friend.


I was also looking for a craft activity that would be easy for Cherub and her little friends at playgroup to make as I said I would run the craft session this week. So after spending time on Pinterest last night (probably too much!) I found this great little activity using paper plates, which I knew Cherub would go crazy for.

Items that you will need
All you need is:
  • a paper or plastic plate
  • pencil
  • scissors
  • ruler
  • googly eyes
  • craft glue or sticky tape
  • paint or coloured pencils, textas, crayons etc

Make a dinosaur in 4 easy steps

To make the dinosaur, first draw a line across the middle of the plate. One side will be used as the dinosaur's body, on the other side sketch a dinosaur's head, tail and feet and cut them out.

Then using craft glue stick the head, tail and feet onto the body, and add a googly eye.

To make your dinosaur complete get your little one to paint or decorate it. Cherub decided that she didn't want to paint her dinosaur, so Popette took over and painted him for her. 

Suitable age group: 2 - 5yrs
Estimated time: 10-15 mins (if Mum or Dad helps cut out the dinosaur)
Messiness factor: medium (remember to use watercolour paints, which is easy to wash off little hands)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)