22 August 2014

Being grateful: My Hubby, bed and getting better

My poor family has been visited by sickness yet again! Its been the worst winter we've had in a long time. Popette has been sick on & off for the past couple of weeks, first with an ear infection, then a viral infection which meant missing 3 days of school.

Poor Hubby caught influenza-type A after a day procedure at hospital last Wednesday, and came down with flu symptoms the very next day. Then over the weekend I caught it as well. I have spent the most of this week bed ridden. Its the worst we've been in a long time.

The view from my bedroom window

If that wasn't bad enough, our little Cherub has been experiencing high temperatures on and off for the past week.

Throughout all this sickness the things I am most grateful for are:

*Although he too was sick, I am so grateful for my Hubby who took extra time off work to care for me and help out with the girls. He has taken Popette to school every morning, and picked her up after school most days, or taken the girls to the shops so I could relax in bed. I know he's extremely busy at work, and has a lot on his plate. But he has not complained once. He has also allowed me to sleep in our bed, so I can get the rest I need while he toughs it out on the sofa bed.

*While I have a love/hate relationship with my pillow. I am grateful for my warm and cozy bed. It's been lovely to snuggle under my doona and rest up while I've been sick. I've spent a lot of time laying in my bed "trying" to get some sleep, caught up on blogs, and trashy mags.

* While I am still struggling in the mornings and when I go to bed at night, I am grateful that I am making a slow recovery and have some energy to get a few things done around the house, and spend some time with the girls, whereas the past few days I could only retreat to my bedroom.

6 comments:

  1. We have had a horrible flu like virus with gastro symptoms go through our house too. It was yucky. I'm so glad that you are all feeling better.
    If you write a grateful post like this regularly, I would love you to participate in the Thankful Thursday linkup I host of Thursdays. It would be wonderful to share you gratitude with my readers as well. xS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I hope you are all feeling better too! Yes I try to write a weekly grateful post, although there are weeks when I don't get around to it, I'd love to linkup whenever I can though. I'll pop right over now and take a look at your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, poor you :( It's pretty bad this winter. So bad our GP strongly recommended us to get the flu vaccination and he normally wouldn't do that. Hope you feel better soon, Julie. Try and take it easy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace :) I should have gotten the flu vaccine, but I was always sick and didn't get around to it. Well I know what I'll be doing next year :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, you've had a rough time of it :( I'm so amazed by your gratitude and sunshine, awesome attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Kylie. :) I like to look to gratitude when I'm feeling crap. Its too easy to sit and whinge about being sick, and complain. When I take the time to think about what I am grateful for it makes me feel that little bit better :)

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)