28 August 2014

My wish for my girls

I love my girls. I love spending time with each of them. They are at that age where they are developing their own little personalities.

Popette who turns 6 in January, is such a caring, fun, creative, know-it-all. I can already see that she's going to take after her Daddy. I call him a "walking encyclopedia" as he's always rattling off various facts and useless bits of information (no idea how he remembers it all).

Just the other day, Popette told us that cows milk gets cleaned so we can drink it, lol.

Popette dressed up for the Book Week parade

She is such a sensitive girl (much like myself) and has loads of empathy for someone so young, and is so much fun to be around. She loves to create. I will often find her at the dining room table drawing. She loves creating little books with pictures she has drawn along with a little story.

Cherub who is turning 3 next month is full of life. She laughs all the time. She is always curious and asks me the same questions again and again. She loves to cuddle (gets that from me), and is becoming a cheeky little miss.

Cherub playing tea parties with her dinosaurs

She is just starting to push boundaries and will politely ignore me when I ask her to do something or says something like "Not yet Mumma". I can see that we'll be dealing with the "terrible 3's" with Cherub!

When I was younger I used to describe myself as an "outgoing person with a bubbly personality", but over the years I seem to have become more reserved, and take a long time to get to know someone. I'm sure there are people who think I'm either a) stuck-up, b) cold or c) not interested, which isn't the case. The truth is that I sometimes find it difficult to talk to people. There have been instances when I've gotten myself so wound up about an upcoming catch-up I've made myself feel sick. 

I tend to get a little anxious when I'm around people I don't know all that well. I always seem to get tongue-tied right at the moment I'm trying to tell a story or explain something to someone, and find that I can't spit out what I am trying to say, making myself look like an idiot. I'm sure people look at me and think "What's up with her?"

My wish for my girls is that they are comfortable in their skin, and can laugh at their jokes, be confident to speak out and not afraid to share their thoughts or opinions. I want them to chase their dreams and not shy away from what others think.

I hope they will be more outgoing than I am and make friends easily. I worry that they'll become like me and find it difficult to talk to people.

If you had one wish for your child what would it be?

2 comments:

  1. Probably that they don't suffer from self-doubt and lack of confidence, that they will believe in themselves and their abilities, and not let anything hold them back from following their passions and doing what they love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want them to never lose their sense of curiosity and adventure. My husband and I are big travellers and I hope my boys will want to see the world too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)