06 October 2015

Flowers, Cherub's Birthday and an MRI

Hello I'm back. I hope you had a great break. Today Popette and Cherub are back at school and preschool, meaning we are back to the routine of school drop-offs, speech and occupational therapy appointments, playgroup, doctors appointments etc.

It has been a lovely break apart from spending four hours in the Children's hospital for Cherub's MRI one day, and a not so lovely visit from inlaws.

I am thankful that the morning of the MRI went well, and Cherub was okay going into the room and went to sleep without crying. She was quite happy with the bed ride and later colouring in and making craft while eating an ice block, then some cheese and crackers in recovery.

Cherub back in recovery after her MRI
We are now waiting to see the neurosurgeon for his report in a few weeks time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will all be fine.

Thanks to those of you who wished me well with my test results. I received my results back from my 2 ultrasounds they both came back good. Now I just have to wait for my colonoscopy in 2 weeks time, which reminds me I still need to drop off my admission forms!

We had a great break and enjoyed some wonderful time together as a family. Hubby took a few days off throughout the holidays. He didn't want to miss Cherub's 4th birthday, which was spent at Sydney Aquarium. She had a wonderful time looking for Nemo, saying Hello to the fish and tickling the sharks in the tunnels.

Another highlight was a relaxing long weekend to Australia's capital, Canberra. We couldn't have asked for better weather while we were there. We spent one day at the Floriade enjoying all the flower displays. If you are unsure of Floriade, it is garden beds of flowers (mostly tulips) created into floral tributes. This year it was the 100th anniversary of the ANZAC landings at Gallipoli. We all loved it. The kids also liked the Circus workshop where they got to try out some circus tricks.


The Floriade in colour
We couldn't go to Canberra without a compulsory visit to the National Gallery of Art, my fave, plus a trip to the Mint, Cockington Green and Parliament House. Popette's teacher has been talking about money a lot in class, so Popette really enjoyed seeing where it was made. I was a little sad that I didn't spot our new PM at Parliament House, but I got to enjoy a coffee and a laugh out of this coffee bean portrait of Julia Gillard!

I wonder what type of coffee she'd make?

I am linking up to EssentiallyJess IBOT.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Cherub's hospital visit went well, it can be so traumatic for little ones. Gosh they make you wait for results though don't they? I hope everything is okay!

    #teamIBOT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your holidays sound lovely - floriade looks amazing. So sorry to hear of the health troubles julie. Hope everyone is on the mend soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do hope the results are all ok. I'm glad you had a good break. x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)