12 October 2016

Mums need BFFs too

I'm feeling a little flat today. Maybe its because school has gone back and for the first 2 days I was home alone and missing my girls.

Maybe its because I sometimes feel 'invisible' to other Mums in the school ground, when I don't get a 'Hello' from anyone or have someone come and talk to me.



Or maybe it's because when I don't hear from anyone for a long time, it upsets me and I feel all alone.

This week I had some friendly chats with some Mums at the preschool gate. Nothing serious. It was the usual "How have you been?", "Did you have a nice break" banter.

It can be lonely being a stay-at-home Mum. While I adore spending time with my girls or catching up with my Mum and Hubby. I miss having a friend who wants to catch up over a coffee (or it could be a glass of wine!) and chat about things other then kids, housework, and truckloads of laundry that needs washing.

I miss having a friend that supports me throughout whatever crap I am going through, and who cheers when something good has happened.

I am very fortunate to have a loving hubby, who is my BMF, but its not the same as having a BFF.

When I was in my teens I had a BFF who I would sit up with and talk all night (occasionally I would fall asleep while she was talking to me, hahaha) We could talk about anything with each other. Sadly we lost contact with each other, and she passed away a few years ago. I never got to tell her how much I loved that time we shared together.

People seem so busy nowadays that there's no time to just sit and talk.

Do you know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)