12 December 2017

Thinking of you: A letter to Dad

It's hard to believe that tomorrow marks 5 years since you passed away. While it has gone by quickly, it also hasn't in some ways. While I love Christmas, and doing Christmassy things with the girls, it's a bittersweet time.  When the anniversary arrives it brings that sad reminder that you are no longer here with us and another Christmas around the corner, but without you sharing it with us. 

I wish you were here to see your two granddaughters growing up. You would be so very proud of them. They are such sweet girls Dad. I am so lucky to have them both, but so wish they had a Poppy in their life. 

You wouldn't believe it but my little premmie, Popette, is nearly taller than me! She's such a cheeky girl. She loves playing the piano, dancing, and writing stories. Cherub is now at school and such a little smarty. She loves playing with her My Little Ponies, riding on her scooter and being creative like her Mummy. Even though they were little when you died, we talk of you often and miss you very much. 

Mum misses you terribly. This time of year is always hard on her.  What I miss most is seeing you both together, and her being happy.

I miss you and wish we had more time together. I miss catching up with you and Mum over a meal, playing a game of cards together, going on picnics, outings or just a cuddle. It's not the same without you. I don't know why I didn't get more photos of you and I together. The last photo I have of you, me and Mum is on my 39th birthday when you came over for lunch. I guess it's not something we worried about at the time.

The rose we planted in memory of you (which is your favourite, Mr Lincoln) is in full bloom again, and has been a lovely way to remember you and your love of the garden.

You are loved Dad, but definitely not forgotten. xxx


2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful beautiful letter. And such a lovely tribute to how loved and missed your dad is. You've got me thinking about the photos. I definitely need to be in more with my loved ones. Thinking of you Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elisa xx Yes, you need to make sure you get into those photos! I'm sure I drive everyone crazy with the amount of photos I take, but its nice to record memories & special moments together. :)

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)