21 August 2018

What is making me happy - Exploring

On the weekend I saw a sign that read "Happiness is enjoying the simple things in life", I couldn't agree with it more. That's why I thought I'd bring back my little series on "What is making me happy".

As a family, we love nothing more than jumping in the car and go exploring. We love driving to new places, or places we have visited before and want to check out again, or stop where there's an amazing view on the side of a road or from a lookout, or visit a place for a bushwalk.

Last weekend we went camping down on the NSW south coast with friends for a long weekend. We enjoyed exploring towns such as Berry, seeing the blowhole at Kiama, as well as taking in the beautiful rolling hills and countryside.

It was too cold (and windy) for a swim or fish, but the kids enjoyed finding shells on the beach, running around on the sand and stopping at Black Head Reserve to check out the views of the headlands and coastline.

At the end of the day, Popette beamed with excitement telling us "It was the best day!"

Its the little things like spending time together exploring that makes us all happy. What have you done recently that made you happy?

Cherub on the beach

Looking for shells


Kiama blowhole

Beautiful countryside near Gerroa
Views of Kiama
Seven Mile Beach

Headlands and coastline from Black Head reserve
A farm near Berry

4 comments:

  1. I like to think that happiness is abut enjoying more things in life - not just the ones we all think we should. For me, it's enjoying the cold weather - not because I actually like the cold but for the people I am with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that part of the NSW South Coast where the green fields roll down to the sea. I love how much the children enjoyed this too!

    Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek. Next week's optional prompt is a photo-based one: Share Your Snaps 27/8/18. Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. Glad you had a fun day.
    visiting via the LifeThisWeek linkup

    ReplyDelete
  4. An absolutely magical part of Australia. Loved the pics and how much the kids enjoyed it all too.

    Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek. Next week's optional prompt for 36/52 is Taking Stock. Denyse

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)